Montag, 22. Juni 2009

Spätzle - German Pasta





I love spätzle, but never made one myself. And after I did, I will never buy it again. It´s so easy to make and tastes really fresh and good. The picture above is of the Spätzlehobel or spätzlemaker I bought.

All you need is a pot with boling salt water
place this iron on top (or use something similar, like potato press)

make the batter:

400g Flour
4 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/8 L water

mix together and then place it on your iron and start mooving forwards and backwards letting the spätzle drop down in the boiling water.
When it swims up to the surface it´s ready, fish out and then repeat with the remaining batch

you can add some cheese and cook in the oven or just serve with meat like you would serve pasta with. Enjoy!

1 Kommentar:

  1. did it again - this time without cheese to an ungarian gullash - very tasty and easy to make :o)

    AntwortenLöschen