Montag, 5. April 2010

Easter Cake

Made this for easter 

it´s a pretty big recepie, beside this cake I got some muffins and two heart shaped cakes ;-)
But it´s soft and has a deliscious texture and yellow colour. The Perfect cake to the three o´clock coffee or tea.
I found this recepie over my Wilton Cake Decorating Facebook Page - they recomended this one for baking a lambcake for easter. I don´t have a lamb mold but I got this cute chicken mold and gave it a shot. Before today I was using the recepie that came with the mold but after I tried this one - there is no turning back :-)

The original recepie can be found  here . I used the Lemon grid and juice instead of vanilla since I love lemons and it gives a great yellow colour.

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup (2 sticks, 225g) butter, softened
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • (1 tablespoon vanilla extract) 
    • replace with 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon chest for a lemon pound cake
  • 1 cup sour cream (230g)
Preheat oven to 325°F (I baked it at 180°C). Spray pan with vegetable pan spray; set aside.


In medium bowl, combine flour and baking soda; set aside. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes on cooling rack. Carefully loosen edges of cake from pan; turn out onto cooling rack and cool completely.
YIELD: Makes about 12 servings.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen