Montag, 11. November 2013

Cinnamon Buns - Kanilsnúðar

Cinnamon Buns the scandinavian way


In Iceland just like in Sweden, cinnamon buns are very popular. You can buy a giant one in the bakery in Iceland (it´s called Snúður) and it has a lovely chocolate ganache on top of it. It is so big that you usually cut it in 4 pieces and share it with someone. But oh how I sometimes want one. Unfortunately in German bakeries where I live, there are no Snúður or other icelandic bakery goodies for that matter. I did put on one of these little ones some chocolate and mmmh it tasted almost like home :)

Most of you probably know buns like this from IKEA, but believe me, homemade, they taste sooo much better.

If you have a bread machine, these are so easy and quick to make. But if you are used to making your dough the traditional way, I guess it is quick too. I used my breadmachine. I love my breadmachine, I should wear a button that says so. Anyways lets get to the recepie, so you can make 40 pieces of these ;) yes I know 40 sounds wow so many, but they run out fast, and they are great to put in the freezer as well. So no worries.

Ingredients:

for the dough

150g butter at room temperature
500ml milk
1 portion dry yeast (ca. 5 tsps)
100ml sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cardamomm flavor or 2 tsps of cardamomm pulver
850g white flour

for the filling (you can make this double if you like more filling)

100g soft butter
100ml sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon

Method:

Place the ingredients in your breadmachine according to manual instructions, or make a dough the "old way". My dough programm takes about 1 hour and a half. 

When the dough cycle is finished, place the dough on a surface you have sprinkled with some flour, punch it down and divide it into 4 pieces. While working on one piece, make sure the others are well tucked in under a dishcloth or plastic wrap.

With your rolling pin, make a rectangle, spread your cinnamonsugarbutter on top, letting the wide side of your recctangle face you. Roll the dough tightly upp, and cut into 10 equal pieces. I am using a muffin tin under my buns, so they are equal in size and wont stuck together in the oven, to have it cleaner, I placed a papercup in each mold of my muffin tin as well. I think they look cuter that way too and are great to take with you. Anyway once you have done this with all of your dough. It´s time for your buns to take another nap under the cozy dishcloth in a warm place for 30-40 minutes. 

In that time preheat the oven to 390°F or 200°C. 

Bake for about 5-8 minutes.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen