Sonntag, 10. November 2013

Oatmeal Toasting and Sandwich Bread


Recepie from King Arthur Flour

This bread is moist and fluffy, even after couple of days. Great to toast as well. 

I have written before on this blog, how much I love my breadmachine, without it I would never have the patience in making so many breads, buns and doughs. This recepie is no difference. It does take longer time than other breads though, due to the one hour rising time before baking. But it sure rewards it´s baker at the end of the day.




Here is what you need

3 cups of flour
1 cup of rolled oats (old-fashion oats)
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp honey
2 tsps instant yeast or 1 packet active dry yeast
1 1/4 cup lukewarm milk

Bread Machine Method (for the Manual Method and picture tutorial click here)

Here you can see how easy it is to make this bread, if you own a bread machine, no sticky hands, and in 5 minutes, your machine is working the dough. You only have to place all of the ingredients into the pan of your machine, acording to manual instruction. Program machine for dough (takes about 1 1/2 hour in my machine). Relax time, you could do some crocheting while you wait for example ;-) It is important before you place your dough in the pan, that you greace it, otherwise it might stay stuck in it after baking.

After the dough cycle is finished, remove the dough, punch it back and shape it to fit in your breadpan. Cover the pan with the dough with a cloth or plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for ca. 60 minutes. 

Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Brush the dough with some water and sprinkle over some of the oats you have left, this will give your bread a pretty look, but this is totally optional.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, if the bread appears to be browning too quickly, tent it with aluminum foil for the final 10 minutes of baking.

I do hope you try this bread, I´m baking one of these each weak now, since I first tried it. In 3 hours your bread is ready, and you spend really little time making, if you use a bread machine for making the dough.

P.S. I am not affiliated with any companies producing or selling bread machines ;)

The cute oven gloves are hand crocheted by me. Want to see more of my handmade crochet - click on my link to my Woollen Thoughts Blog

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen