Donnerstag, 21. November 2013

Spesíur - vintage icelandic cookies

Spesíur, have been baked before christmas in Iceland for a very long time, you could call them vintage. I am not even sure about the name, but I think it was an old name for something similar to a dime. But I know my grandmother used to bake these, and the taste of the baked cookie brought back sweet childhood memories of me back in her kitchen as a child. 

I am sure you already have everything you need to make these, make the dough tonight and bake them tomorrow. These are so easy and great to make.

You will need

500g flour
375g Butter/Magarine
200g powder sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Knead everything together and make 2 or 4 rolls depending on how big you want your cookies to be, I made 4

Cool in the refrigirator over night

Next day, preheat your oven to 200°C and cut your rolls in slices about 0.5cm thick and bake for 7-10 minute, depending on your oven. Cool on a wire wrack and enjoy


Look into the cookie jar

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen